Guardian Angel Settlement Association (GASA) respects the privacy of our donors. We maintain the following policies to assure our donors that their personal information will be protected and will not be shared with any third party.
GASA collects, uses, and maintains the following information from donors:
- Contact Information: information name, company name, job title, complete address(es), telephone number(s), email address(es), family and constituent relationships (if applicable)
- Donations Information: check numbers, credit card number and expiration date, amount donated, donor comments and suggestions, and giving history.
All credit card information is entered online through a secure page, sent to GASA and processed by our staff. Once an online donation is submitted secure measures are in place to ensure that a donor’s credit card information is not compromised.
GASA will not sell, rent, or lease donor information to other organizations.
GASA WILL USE DONOR INFORMATION IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- Help donors complete transactions
- Thank donors for their gifts
- Update donors about organizational activity
- Recognize donors
- Distribute gift receipts or statements
- Inform donors about upcoming events and fundraisers
- Analyze internal productivity and effectiveness
- Report to relevant federal and state agencies
- Contact donors about changes to this statement
As part of our donor recognition efforts, GASA may publicize donor names through its annual report, newsletters, website, and promotional materials (in the case of sponsorships). Generally, the specific gift amount will not be identified, but the donor will be recognized under the level of giving category that is appropriate to their donation. Donors always have the option of remaining “anonymous” when making a donation and will not be publicly recognized.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
All access to donor information is strictly limited to GASA personnel who need to process data. No unnecessary person, group or organization will be allowed to access such data. That information is stored on secure server(s), limited-access administrative files and/or secured off-site storage. Board members may be given information on the names of donors, donor history and the amount of gifts if needed to fulfill their responsibilities as directors of the organization. All board members and staff are required to maintain the confidentiality of donor information.
OPTING OUT OF MAILINGS AND SOLICITATIONS
GASA contacts donors through direct mail, e-mail, and telephone. Any donor may request that the GASA remove them from the GASA mailing list and/or specify the method of contact.