Volunteers to Guardian Angel Settlement Association come from all walks of life – homemakers, professionals, seminarians, senior citizens, students – and are all eager to do their share, enabling the agency to serve more people more efficiently.
Dozens of youth from area high schools, grade schools and universities are among the hundreds of volunteers who devote more than 11,000 hours annually to help us serve our clients.
Project opportunities are limitless for volunteers at Guardian Angel Settlement Association. For example, volunteers perform administrative tasks, answer phones, participate in art and gardening activities with children and seniors, work in the food pantry and thrift store, and fill the roles of helpers at our Child Development Center.
How can you help?
- Help at our after school programs
- Sort and stock food pantry item
Food Pantry hrs: 9-4 M-Fri at Hosea House
- Sort and stock thrift store items
Thrift store hrs: 9-4 M-Fri at Hosea House
- Create care packs for the homeless
- Create Christmas decorations or treats for our Child Development Center
- Paint rooms in our Child Development Center
- Donate your creativity to paint murals, do landscaping, or give any of our facilities a facelift
- Wash vans/agency vehicles
- Assist staff at our Child Development Center in the mornings or evenings
- Organize a canned food or clothing drive
- Join the Board of Directors
- Participate in our annual Dinner Auction or Golf Tournament
- Give used clothing and household items to our thrift stores
- Become a “foster grandparent” to the precious children at our Child Development Center
- Adopt a family or senior through The Christmas Program
- Bring your own volunteer idea! We’re open to ideas you have to help out at Hosea House or our Child Development Center!
Anyone wishing to volunteer time, talent or treasure is welcome to call us any time. Provide skill specific services (example, providing blood pressure screening for seniors if you are a doctor)